-   -   MySQL repositores (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/466618-mysql-repositores.html)

Keith Roberts 12-16-2010 09:34 PM

MySQL repositores

To: centos@centos.org
From: Ruslan Sivak <russ@vshift.com>
Subject: [CentOS] MySQL repositores

Are there any repositories for CentOS 5.5 that keep the latest MySQL
versions?

After enabling everything I can think off (CentOS, rpmforge, epel), I'm
still only seeing 5.0.77-4.el5_5.4.

5.5 came out yesterday and 5.1 has been around for a while.

I don't want to manually install from the mysql site for obvious reasons.

# Name : remi-release
# Arch : noarch
# Version : 5
# Release : 7.el5.remi │
# Size : 1.8 k
# Repo : installed
the "remi" RPM
# : Repository, as well as the public GPG keys
used to sign them.

# :
# : The repository is not enabled after
installation, so you must

# : use the --enablerepo=remi option for yum.

# install the REMI repo config files
rpm -ivh http://rpms.famillecollet.com/enterprise/remi-release-5.rpm

Keith

in practice they are not.