Old 12-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Ruslan Sivak

Default MySQL repositores

Old 12-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Eero Volotinen

Try iuscommunity repo: http://iuscommunity.org/

--
Eero,
RHCE

Old 12-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Keith Roberts

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Ruslan Sivak wrote:

> To: centos@centos.org
> From: Ruslan Sivak <russ@vshift.com>
> Subject: [CentOS] MySQL repositores

> Are there any repositories for CentOS 5.5 that keep the latest MySQL
> versions?
>
> After enabling everything I can think off (CentOS, rpmforge, epel), I'm
> still only seeing 5.0.77-4.el5_5.4.
>
> 5.5 came out yesterday and 5.1 has been around for a while.
>
> I don't want to manually install from the mysql site for obvious reasons.
>
> Russ

You can install it for Centos from remi repo.

Installed Packages
Name : mysql
Arch : i386
Version : 5.1.48
Release : 1.el5.remi.1
Size : 2.3 M
Repo : installed
database server. MySQL is a
: client/server implementation consisting of a
server daemon (mysqld)
: and many different client programs and
libraries. The base package
: contains the MySQL client programs, the client
shared libraries, and
: generic MySQL files.

Regards,

Keith