-   -   How to strip out the title bar from xterm windows on CentOS 5 GNOME? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/466225-how-strip-out-title-bar-xterm-windows-centos-5-gnome.html)

Aleksey Tsalolikhin 12-15-2010 10:11 PM

How to strip out the title bar from xterm windows on CentOS 5 GNOME?

Hi. Running CentOS 5 with the default GNOME desktop. Is it possible
to configure xterm windows not to have title bars to get the most out of
the available screenspace?

I've tried to look this up but mostly find reference how to change the
content of the title bar; I want to remove it completely.

Found a reference to Compiz but the version available through CentOS
seems old (0.0.13 compared to the current around 0.8 or 0.9) and having
a double zero version number, I was afraid to use it.

Best,
-at