Old 12-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Andreas Reschke

Default Antwort: MegaRAID SAS 9280-24i4e -- Centos support.

Hi Lisandro,

just look at http://www.lsi.de.com/channel/products/raid_controllers/sata_sas/9280-24i4e/index.html
and read the readme.txt.

1. download the megaraid_sas-v00.00.04.31-CentOs5.5-all.img

2. insert a floppy

3. dd if=
megaraid_sas-v00.00.04.31-CentOs5.5-all.img of=/dev/floppy

and type at the boot-prompt "linux dd"

That's all

Andreas

"Lisandro Grullon"
<lgrullon@CityTech.Cuny.Edu>

Gesendet von: centos-bounces@centos.org

14.12.2010 14:26

Bitte antworten an

An
<centos@centos.org>

Kopie

Thema
[CentOS] MegaRAID SAS 9280-24i4e --
Centos support.

Dear centos community,

I was in the process of installing centos in a machine
however during the install the OS is unable to see the controller "MegaRAID
SAS 9280-24i4e", i noticed that LSI has some drivers for centos. Can
someone guide me on how to load the drivers so the OS can see the controller
as it loads. Thank you in advance. Lisandro

Old 12-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Timo Schoeler

thus Andreas Reschke spake:
> Hi Lisandro,
>
> just look at
> http://www.lsi.de.com/channel/products/raid_controllers/sata_sas/9280-24i4e/index.html
> and read the readme.txt.
>
> 1. download the megaraid_sas-v00.00.04.31-CentOs5.5-all.img
> 2. insert a floppy
> 3. dd if= megaraid_sas-v00.00.04.31-CentOs5.5-all.img of=/dev/floppy
> and type at the boot-prompt "linux dd"

(It should work using an USB stick, too...

Timo)

Old 12-14-2010, 01:22 PM
"Lisandro Grullon"

Thank u andrea for the response, but unfortunately a floppy its not an option in my box. Can u guide me using a usb flash drive. Much appreciated. Lisandro