Old 12-14-2010, 12:26 PM
"Lisandro Grullon"

Default MegaRAID SAS 9280-24i4e -- Centos support.

Dear centos community,
I was in the process of installing centos in a machine however during the install the OS is unable to see the controller "MegaRAID SAS 9280-24i4e", i noticed that LSI has some drivers for centos. Can someone guide me on how to load the drivers so the OS can see the controller as it loads. Thank you in advance. Lisandro

Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>Can someone guide me on how to load the drivers so the OS can see the controller as it loads.

Download the driver, you get a dd disk for new installs when your root boots off the controller
and an rpm can you use after, and or if the controller is not backing your root.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:34 PM
"Lisandro Grullon"

Joseph,
I am sorry but I didn't understood much of your comment, can you brake it down further step by step...I am doing baby steps in centos.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:55 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>I am sorry but I didn't understood much of your comment, can you brake it down further step by step...I am doing baby steps in centos.

Are you installing CentOS to boot off this controller, yes or no?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:34 PM
"Lisandro Grullon"

Yes, the entire install will be done from a box using this controller and 10 SATA HDDs. Probably will load a mirror from two disks partitions to have some fault tolerance them do the rest of my partitions using LVM. Just having a difficult time loading the LSi driver from the loading process. I wish this can be done from a USB stick since the machine does not have a floppy.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:11 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>I wish this can be done from a USB stick since the machine does not have a floppy.

The dd can be loaded via http, even easier than usb...
Use a kickstart, `driverdisk --source=http://path/to/dd.img`
Something like that is prolly avail from the grub boot menu, see the manual.