Old 12-14-2010, 04:29 AM
"David S."

Default CentOS cluster solution

Dear All,
I got a new project to build cloud computing base on centos clustering
(clustering and cluster storage). whether failover, load balancing can
be applied?

I've read about CentOS clustering and cluster storage but I'm still
confused, any help or advice in this thread will be appreciate.

Cheers...

--
-

Old 12-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Timo Schoeler

Old 12-14-2010, 09:41 AM
"David S."

Hi Timo,
I mean parallel cloud computing, do you have solution for this case?

-
--
Best regards,
David

Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Timo Schoeler

Old 12-14-2010, 10:03 AM
"David S."

Very nice article, thank you...

Cheers.......

-
--
Best regards,
David

Old 12-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Les Mikesell

On 12/14/2010 4:41 AM, David S. wrote:
> Hi Timo,
> I mean parallel cloud computing, do you have solution for this case?

There are many different meanings for terms like that. One is a set of
resources that you can easily carve into virtual machines that then act
like unrelated physical machines except for the ease of cloning and
migrating them. Another is a scientific supercomputer that can solve
certain types of problems with specialized libraries that can divide
that task into work units that run on different hosts and collate the
results. This tends to be limitied and difficult, so another approach
is to use a scalable database where you push everything that needs to
run in parallel into a 'map/reduce' function. That tends to be
difficult by itself, and handled differently by the different
implementations. If that's what you are interested in, I'd look at
'riak' first (http://wiki.basho.com/display/RIAK/Riak)and their
comparisons to others to understand the tradeoffs in approaches.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com