Old 12-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Rudi Ahlers

Default how to install CentOS onto a USB flash drive from Windows?

Hi all,

Can anyone please point me to a link with instructions on how to
install CentOS 5 onto a USB flash drive, preferably from Windows?

I would like to create a full running CentOS installation (with
minimal packages obviously) that runs off a USB flash drive, and I
don't have a Linux machine to use for this installation right now.

The best I could find is this one:
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/usb-centos-5-live-install-via-windows/
but it seems this is just creating a Live CD on a USB drive, not plain
CentOS. i.e. I want to install CentOS, setup users, install selected
packages, etc.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers