Old 12-10-2010, 03:42 PM

Default system startup sound

Ritika Garg wrote:
> Whenever the system boots there is sound ( beep ). Is there any way to
> disable it?

That's a firmware/BIOS thing, if it's the one I think.

mark

Old 12-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Timo Schoeler

> Ritika Garg wrote:
>> Whenever the system boots there is sound ( beep ). Is there any way to
>> disable it?
>
> That's a firmware/BIOS thing, if it's the one I think.
>
> mark

Pull the cable of the internal PC speaker. The annoying 'beep' is the
only sensible sound that thing is capable of, anyways. (Yes, I know
there are ways to redirect sound to that crappy device an yes, I had
hard laughs of it way back in Amiga times, too.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:21 PM

Timo Schoeler wrote:
> On 12/10/2010 05:42 PM, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>> Ritika Garg wrote:
>>> Whenever the system boots there is sound ( beep ). Is there any way to
>>> disable it?
>>
>> That's a firmware/BIOS thing, if it's the one I think.
>
> Pull the cable of the internal PC speaker. The annoying 'beep' is the
> only sensible sound that thing is capable of, anyways. (Yes, I know
> there are ways to redirect sound to that crappy device an yes, I had
> hard laughs of it way back in Amiga times, too.

On the other hand, I *have* diagnosed problems from the beep code, which
it's not hard to look up.

mark