Old 12-09-2010, 02:41 PM
mcclnx mcc

Default PERC 6/E continue switch between "write though" and "write back"????

We have several DELL R900 server with PERC 6/E adapter in it. O.S. is CENTOS 5.5. recently one of server continue pop-up messages on /var/log/message for switch status between "write back" and "write through".

Dec 6 08:09:31 host01 Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID: 2189 The controller write policy has been changed to Write Back.: Battery 0 Controller 0
Dec 7 13:20:13 host01 Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID: 2188 The controller write policy has been changed to Write Through.: Battery 0 Controller 0
Dec 9 01:09:39 host01 Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID: 2188 The controller write policy has been changed to Write Through.: Battery 0 Controller 0
Dec 9 07:38:29 host01 Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID: 2189 The controller write policy has been changed to Write Back.: Battery 0 Controller 0

I double check PERC 6/E is NOT on battery "learn cycle". When it change to "write though" I also use OPMN check status and NO battery low issue.

I tried to use OPMN change status from "write though" to "write back" but it not work.

Anyone know why PERC 6/E status continue change?

Thanks.