Old 12-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Christopher Chan

Default The Natives are Restless!

On Thursday, December 09, 2010 03:40 AM, John Hinton wrote:
> Has anyone noticed over the years, that every time a major new CentOS
> release is just about to happen, suddenly there starts to be a few very
> long and drawn out threads?

Really? Interesting.

> Has anyone ever considered that the core team is in fact monitoring this
> thread while trying to devote as much time as possible to actually
> getting the next release out the door? Could it possibly take longer for
> the next release to be launched due to the increase in volume on this list?
>
> So, when is CentOS 7 going to be released?
>
> Sorry to add to the problem with this message, but I do find it really
> odd that this happened just before 4 and then again just before 5 and
> now just before 6.

/me shrugs. I am not waiting for Centos 6. But I am miffed at certain
detractors of SELinux without any solid or compelling reasons other than
"I don't want to learn it".

Old 12-09-2010, 02:39 PM

Christopher Chan wrote:
> John Hinton wrote:
> > Has anyone noticed over the years, that every time a major new CentOS
> > release is just about to happen, suddenly there starts to be a few very
> > long and drawn out threads?
>
> Really? Interesting.
>

> > Has anyone ever considered that the core team is in fact monitoring this
> > thread while trying to devote as much time as possible to actually
> > getting the next release out the door? Could it possibly take longer for
> > the next release to be launched due to the increase in volume on this list?
> >
> > So, when is CentOS 7 going to be released?
> >
> > Sorry to add to the problem with this message, but I do find it really
> > odd that this happened just before 4 and then again just before 5 and
> > now just before 6.
> >

> /me shrugs. I am not waiting for Centos 6. But I am miffed at certain
> detractors of SELinux without any solid or compelling reasons other than
> "I don't want to learn it".

This brings to mind https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Boosterism
Maybe set reply-to: /r/atheism (hm, technologically unsound. Darn.)
Anyway, there's an ism in it now for sure.
--
Charles Polisher