Old 12-06-2010, 06:12 PM
"James B. Byrne"

Default Problem starting PostgreSQL-8.4 with SSL

I installed PG-8.4 for Redhat from the PG84 repo. Everythign works
save only that when I try to enable ssl connections then I get this
error:

Auto configuration failed
16276:error:0E065068:configuration file routines:STR_COPY:variable
has no value:conf_def.c:629:line 207

I have verified that the server key and certificate are present,
have the correct ownership (postgresostgres), permissions (600)
and that the certificate is valid.

Validity
Not Before: Dec 6 17:58:47 2010 GMT
Not After : Dec 7 17:58:47 2015 GMT

I have checked audit.log and there are no SELinux issues reported.

I gather that this is an OpenSSL error of some sort but I have no
clue what it means or where to search for the problem. Does anyone
here know what this means and how to fix it?

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241