Old 12-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Stanislav Vlasov

Default Centos DS and user password change

[stas@ds ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.5 (Final)

[stas@ds ~]$ rpm -qa | grep centos-ds
centos-ds-admin-8.1.0-9.el5.centos.1
centos-ds-8.1.0-1.el5.centos.2
centos-ds-base-8.1.0-0.14.el5.centos.2
centos-ds-console-8.1.0-5.el5.centos.2

ds installed for:
1) linux workstations authentication
2) mail (accounts & aliases)
3) samba
4) squid acls

Exists several r/o replicas. All services and workstations work with replica, not with main server.

Now i need some interface for change user's own password by user.

Password change must be on main server.
I try login by user to main server, and i can't change own password.
Added that ACL (via centos-idm-console):

(targetattr = "userPassword")
(version 3.0;
acl "ChangePass";
allow (write)
(userdn = "ldap:///self") and
(dns="*.neyvabank.ru")

No effect.
How i can give rights to users for change passwords?

--
Stanislav

Old 12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Craig White

On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 15:44 +0500, Stanislav Vlasov wrote:
> [stas@ds ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
>
> [stas@ds ~]$ rpm -qa | grep centos-ds
> centos-ds-admin-8.1.0-9.el5.centos.1
> centos-ds-8.1.0-1.el5.centos.2
> centos-ds-base-8.1.0-0.14.el5.centos.2
> centos-ds-console-8.1.0-5.el5.centos.2
>
> ds installed for:
> 1) linux workstations authentication
> 2) mail (accounts & aliases)
> 3) samba
> 4) squid acls
>
> Exists several r/o replicas. All services and workstations work with replica, not with main server.
>
> Now i need some interface for change user's own password by user.
>
> Password change must be on main server.
> I try login by user to main server, and i can't change own password.
> Added that ACL (via centos-idm-console):
>
> (targetattr = "userPassword")
> (version 3.0;
> acl "ChangePass";
> allow (write)
> (userdn = "ldap:///self") and
> (dns="*.neyvabank.ru")
>

> No effect.
> How i can give rights to users for change passwords?
----
I think you will find much better/quicker responses to this type of
question from 389-users list...

Craig

believed to be clean.