Old 12-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Andrej Moravcik

Default sysctl and gnome desktop

Hi all,

I use CentOS 5.5 x86_64 on my laptop. I have couple of entries in
/etc/sysctl.conf entries according to the recommendations

http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/powertop/

When Gnome Desktop starts something resets them to defaults.
For example 'vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs = 1500' resets back to 30.

Does anybody have any idea how to workaround this?

Thanks. Andrej.