FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Jerry Geis
 
Default x86_64 and Thunderbird Trash folder.

I just ran into something odd,
I have x86_64 5.5 running with Thunderbird.

I am getting a message about can delete the email as Trash is FULL.

The file size is 4G. Whats up with that????

I have the 64 bit executable running.
file /usr/lib64/thunderbird-2.0.0.24/thunderbird-bin
/usr/lib64/thunderbird-2.0.0.24/thunderbird-bin: ELF 64-bit LSB
executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9,
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, stripped


jerry
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-01-2010, 09:13 PM
 
Default x86_64 and Thunderbird Trash folder.

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I just ran into something odd,
> I have x86_64 5.5 running with Thunderbird.
>
> I am getting a message about can delete the email as Trash is FULL.
>
> The file size is 4G. Whats up with that????

Um, do you ever log out, or close firefox? For that matter, do you have it
set to empty trash when done? Or do you ever manually compress
folders/empty trash?

mark "or just leave it running for a year at a time?"

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Jerry Geis
 
Default x86_64 and Thunderbird Trash folder.

>
> Um, do you ever log out, or close firefox? For that matter, do you have it
> set to empty trash when done? Or do you ever manually compress
> folders/empty trash?
>
> mark "or just leave it running for a year at a time?"
>
>
NO - your correct I dont log out it's got messages in there from way back.
I'd like to keep them for history. I thought on a 64bit machine there
were no 4G limits.


Jerry
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-02-2010, 09:23 AM
John Doe
 
Default x86_64 and Thunderbird Trash folder.

From: Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com>

> I just ran into something odd,
> I have x86_64 5.5 running with Thunderbird.
> I am getting a message about can delete the email as Trash is FULL.
> The file size is 4G. Whats up with that????
> I have the 64 bit executable running.
> file /usr/lib64/thunderbird-2.0.0.24/thunderbird-bin
> /usr/lib64/thunderbird-2.0.0.24/thunderbird-bin: ELF 64-bit LSB
> executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9,
> dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, stripped

Which Trash, the local one or the imap one...?
If local, check in:
~/.thunderbird/*.default/Mail/Local Folders/
Otherwise, check on the IMAP server...

JD



_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Scott Silva
 
Default x86_64 and Thunderbird Trash folder.

on 12-1-2010 3:57 PM Jerry Geis spake the following:
>>
>> Um, do you ever log out, or close firefox? For that matter, do you have it
>> set to empty trash when done? Or do you ever manually compress
>> folders/empty trash?
>>
>> mark "or just leave it running for a year at a time?"
>>
>>
> NO - your correct I dont log out it's got messages in there from way back.
> I'd like to keep them for history. I thought on a 64bit machine there
> were no 4G limits.
>
>
> Jerry
If you want to keep them, then why delete them in the first place? A trash can
is for trash, not archives. Do you bag up the kitchen trash and then put it in
the garage just in case you want to look through it?

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-03-2010, 05:55 PM
 
Default x86_64 and Thunderbird Trash folder.

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 12-1-2010 3:57 PM Jerry Geis spake the following:
>>>
>>> Um, do you ever log out, or close firefox? For that matter, do you have
>>> it set to empty trash when done? Or do you ever manually compress
>>> folders/empty trash?
>>>
>>> mark "or just leave it running for a year at a time?"
>>>
>>>
>> NO - your correct I dont log out it's got messages in there from way
>> back. I'd like to keep them for history. I thought on a 64bit machine
there
>> were no 4G limits.
>>
> If you want to keep them, then why delete them in the first place? A trash
> can is for trash, not archives. Do you bag up the kitchen trash and then
put
> it in the garage just in case you want to look through it?

What he said. The email I don't delete, I keep for-bloody-ever, too, but I
create diretories under or outside the inbox - 2007-jan-jun, 2007-jul-dec,
etc, and six months later, dump everything from that time period into
them. Or, in the past, I've moved them to directories named for the folks
the mail's from.

Nothing's going to run forever without having problems at some point.
Empty your trash!

mark

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:04 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org