-   -   fsck - and there was much rejoicing (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/460052-fsck-there-much-rejoicing.html)

12-01-2010 06:01 PM

fsck - and there was much rejoicing

Looks like the fsck bug has been stomped! I did a 960G drive this morning,
and I'm 90% of the way through a 1.4T drive, both of which have *lots* of
files and hard links, and it has *not* hung at 70.1%, and is running at
reasonable speed.

Thanks to the folks who got this one. I *really* needed to do this, esp.
to our backup drives.

mark

12-01-2010 06:01 PM

Lamar Owen 12-01-2010 06:18 PM

On Wednesday, December 01, 2010 02:01:35 pm m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> Looks like the fsck bug has been stomped! I did a 960G drive this morning,
> and I'm 90% of the way through a 1.4T drive, both of which have *lots* of
> files and hard links, and it has *not* hung at 70.1%, and is running at
> reasonable speed.

Hey, let us know how long that 1.4T fsck takes if you don't mind. Longwinded e2fsck's are a bane on reboot times on critical VM's, and I have a number of VM's with 2TB ext3 filesystems, some of which haven't had an fsck in..... well, too long.

And I'll echo the kudos to the intrepid bug-fixers. Long and interminable e2fsck's have been with us a long time.