Old 11-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Johan Scheepers

Default ( SOLVED ) Hostname too long

Good day,

Some time ago I asked some assistance for the long hostname in the
terminals.

Editing .bashrc in user and root by adding PS1=xxxxxxx did make the
difference.

Here is something I picked up on another list that make editing .bashrc
not necessary.
as root.. gedit /etc/sysconfig/network

# HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain

change to in my case and that solves the problem

HOSTNAME=johan.jan

Regards
Johan