Old 11-29-2010, 10:25 AM
John Doe

Default Rebuilding samba3x rpms results in size doubled

From: Oguz Yilmaz <oguzyilmazlist@gmail.com>
>I have rebuilt samba3x SRPM in Centos 5.5. The resultings RPM's are nearly in
>triple size of the original RPMs. I have installed and checked the binary files

>are stripped. What can result in such difference in RPM sizes?
>I have not changed anything on built and install sections of spec file.

Maybe debuging symbols...
Maybe try ldd and check if there are differences...

JD

Old 11-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Oguz Yilmaz

I thought, I have just recompiled by rpmbuild -ba samba3x.spec. However I have recognized libcap.so.2 has included instead of libcap.so.1 on my build system. This is the main difference between ldd outputs of smbd binaries.

I will check further.

Oguz YILMAZ

From: Oguz Yilmaz <oguzyilmazlist@gmail.com>