Old 11-29-2010, 09:10 PM
ken

Default yum/RPM behaviour: does yum/RPM overwrite a file modified by a user during an update ?

On 11/29/2010 04:29 PM Jim Perrin wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:39 PM, ken <gebser@mousecar.com> wrote:
>
>> rpm -Vv $package 2>&1|grep -e ^........" c"
>
> Or the slightly easier (and per the rpm documentation)
>
> rpm -qc packagename
>
> HTH

"rpm -qvc $package" gives more info-- the files' permissions and owners.

But the ridiculously long one (at top) tells-- among other things--
which files have changed from their initially installed versions-- key
info for what the OP was wanting to know. (I wrapped it in a bash
script so it's easier to type.)

hth++