Old 11-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Eero Volotinen

Default PE850 Interrupt conflicts on CentOS 5 and onboard ethernet and pci-e serial

I'm fairly stumped, and I'm about ready to try different serial hardware.

Any clues from the experts on this list?

Are you using latest centos release and kernel? Try updating bios to latest version?
--Eero,RHCE

Old 11-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Eero Volotinen

2010/11/26 Dan Irwin <dan@jackies.com.au>:
> Hello,
>
> The kernel was updated today to the latest, but I have also tried the previous few kernels.
>
> The machine was recently updated to the latest bios revision for a PE850 (A04) which was included in my post.

You should try using supported version of os on this hardware platform:
(url: http://www.ecomhost.net/dedicated/pe850_specs.pdf , RHEL/Centos 3/4 )

You can also try RHEL 6 and/or compiling latest kernel manually. This
requires some tuning.

--
Eero