Old 11-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Toralf Lund

Default DisplayPort output with intel graphics driver?

Hi.

We've installed CentOS 5.5 on a "mini PC" with an onboard Intel graphics
chip, which has both "VGA" and DisplayPort output. This works reasonably
well, except that I'd like to connect the monitor to the DisplayPort,
and I only seem to get a signal on the VGA connector. This is the case
even if I boot with the DisplayPort (only) connected, in which case
console output during boot goes to the DisplayPort, but the graphical
output does not. On the other hand, . DisplayPort display did work when
booting from a "live" Ubuntu CD.

Is there anything I can do to get the correct display setup? Note that
the driver used is "intel", not "i810".

Thanks,

- Toralf

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.