Old 11-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Mathieu Baudier

Default Eclipse Helios on CentOS 5.5 (was Websites Up!)

> Then I hope to finish my tutorial on installing Eclipse
> Helios for Centos 5.5

Is there anything special to be done?

I just unzipped the SR1 distribution for RCP/RAP developers
linux-gtk-x86_64 and it works without problem on an up to date CentOS
5.5 x86_64.
(to be more precise: I install it as root under /opt, install some
plugins like subclipse and regular users start it from there)

Old 11-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Keith Roberts

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, Mathieu Baudier wrote:

> From: Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier@argeo.org>
> Subject: [CentOS] Eclipse Helios on CentOS 5.5 (was Websites Up!)
>
>> Then I hope to finish my tutorial on installing Eclipse
>> Helios for Centos 5.5
>
> Is there anything special to be done?
>
> I just unzipped the SR1 distribution for RCP/RAP developers
> linux-gtk-x86_64 and it works without problem on an up to date CentOS
> 5.5 x86_64.
> (to be more precise: I install it as root under /opt, install some
> plugins like subclipse and regular users start it from there)

Off the top of my head - as my main machine is broken where
I was doing all this stuff.

The standard Eclipse Helios should work out of the box,
provided you have a recent version of Java.

I'm using the 32bit version of Helios, and installing the
'Eclipse for PHP developers' version from here:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/helios/sr1

You need an up to date Java version - I use Sun's.

I'm using PHP 5.3.2 from an alt repo.

Plus there's xdebug module to install.

Then there's configuring Eclipse for PHP debugging.

The end result should be a working PHP development
developmentvenvironment, for local and remote PHP debugging.

Kind Regards,

Keith

in practice they are not.