-   -   Automount, External USB disk and e2fsck (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/456636-automount-external-usb-disk-e2fsck.html)

Robert Heller 11-23-2010 04:54 PM

Automount, External USB disk and e2fsck

Does Automount/autofs automagically run e2fsck? If so, how does one
disable this?

We have an external USB connected 2TB hard drive setup to automount.
Sometimes e2fsck gets fired up, I think from Automount. I have this
line in the automount config:

/backupdisk -fstype=ext3,nocheck :LABEL=BACKUP

I believe this should prevent Automount from running e2fsck, but it
still runs it.

(We have a cron job that daily does a e2fsck -p on this disk at a
'quiet' time.)