Old 11-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Niki Kovacs

Default Novell sale news? (OT)

Drew a écrit :

> I beg to differ. I've used Dreamweaver for years and while I can't
> speak for the latest versions, the MX version released in 2002
> produced some of the cleanest (x)html I've seen.

XHTML is supposed to be semantic, e. g. it indicates clearly that "this
is a quotation", "this is an abbreviation", etc. The only thing
Dreamweaver can do is put cleanly indented <div></div> brackets around
everything, to make sure no search engine leafing through the page will
ever have the slightest clue about the content. Which is bad.

http://www.microlinux.fr --> made with Vim D

Cheers,

Niki

Old 11-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Drew

> XHTML is supposed to be semantic, e. g. it indicates clearly that "this
> is a quotation", "this is an abbreviation", etc. The only thing
> Dreamweaver can do is put cleanly indented <div></div> brackets around
> everything, to make sure no search engine leafing through the page will
> ever have the slightest clue about the content. Which is bad.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. XHTML is a derivative of HTML4
that conforms to the XML standard. It doesn't add anything not already
present within HTML 4.01. And to the best of my knowledge there is no
provision within xhtml for custom tags that give context or semantic
information, that's what XML is for..

And the DIV & SPAN tags are a normal part of writing html now, the
idea being to get rid of the random spew of formatting tags with the
far cleaner CSS. How it impacts the search engines I wouldn't know,
I'm just going based on the best practices suggested by the W3C.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie