Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 PM

Default Novell sale news?

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 at 10:00am, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote
>
>> Not I can't resist the old quote:
>> Someone, somewhere on usenet, posted something that was ...wrong.
>>
> http://xkcd.com/386/

Yep. But I remember seeing that quote, hanging out on usenet, at least by
the mid-nineties, and I think it was old, then.

mark "shall I correct you?"

Old 11-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Karanbir Singh

On 11/24/2010 05:36 PM, Bill Campbell wrote:
> I find lists where there's fairly open discussion of topics more
> useful than those that deal with very narrow topics. It's

generic lists are more suited to, as you pointed out LUG's and social
groups - this is a fairly product/ platform centric list. Besides,
talking about the platform it would be hard to say that this is a very
narrow focused list. the ppc-on-cell-bootloader list might fit that
mould quite well, I dont think the CentOS list does.

> amazing how many times I learn something useful that I never
> would have seen on a restricted list (e.g. I learned about the
> Mac RSS reader NetNewsWire on a local Linux group list).

Its more than a bit disheartening to see this list compared to a LUG
effort

> If a topic is uninteresting, ctrl-d with mutt on the thread nukes
> it quickly.

Thats looking at things, much like many others did, from a personal
perspective and not one of the project / list admins. I might want the
list to go in a specific way, but that may or may not be what's good for
the longer term health of the list.

- KB