Old 11-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Les Mikesell

Default Novell sale news?

Is anyone following the news of the Novell sale and some mysterious
'intellectual property assets' that were transferred to a holding
company controlled by Microsoft?

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 11-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Digimer

On 11/22/2010 01:13 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Is anyone following the news of the Novell sale and some mysterious
> 'intellectual property assets' that were transferred to a holding
> company controlled by Microsoft?

I saw that, and can't help but wonder if we're in for another "SCO". =/

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer@alteeve.com

Old 11-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Adam Tauno Williams

> Is anyone following the news of the Novell sale and some mysterious
> 'intellectual property assets' that were transferred to a holding
> company controlled by Microsoft?

Oh, sheesh, here we go. Baseless speculation and the weaving on
conspiracy theories.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Les Mikesell

On 11/22/2010 12:14 PM, Digimer wrote:

>> Is anyone following the news of the Novell sale and some mysterious
>> 'intellectual property assets' that were transferred to a holding
>> company controlled by Microsoft?
>
> I saw that, and can't help but wonder if we're in for another "SCO". =/

SCO didn't get off the ground since it was ruled that they didn't
actually own the IP in question and Novell did. And they ran out of
money for the legal process. This could be a very different game.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com