Old 11-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Dave Stevens

Default upcoming mailman version change?

Hi,

I'm using CentOS on a box that, among other things, offers mailman
mailing lists, currently mailman 2.1.9. Version 2.1.14 is avilable
from the developers but integrating it into the system promises to be
tedious. I looked at RHEL 6 and don't know where to look to find the
version there, which I assume will be the version in CentOS 6. Can
anyone either confirm what version will be in C6 or where to find the
full feature list in RHEL 6?

Dave

--
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
Krishnamurti

Old 11-22-2010, 12:49 AM
"Morten P.D. Stevens"

2010/11/22 Dave Stevens <geek@uniserve.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using CentOS on a box that, among other things, offers mailman
> mailing lists, currently mailman 2.1.9. Version 2.1.14 is avilable
> from the developers but integrating it into the system promises to be
> tedious. I looked at RHEL 6 and don't know where to look to find the
> version there, which I assume will be the version in CentOS 6. Can
> anyone either confirm what version will be in C6 or where to find the
> full feature list in RHEL 6?
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,

It is mailman 2.1.12.

[root@x86-002 ~]# yum info mailman
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
Available Packages
Name : mailman
Arch : x86_64
Epoch : 3
Version : 2.1.12
Release : 14.el6
Size : 7.2 M
Repo : rhel-x86_64-server-6
: Majordomo and Smartmail. Unlike most similar products, Mailman gives
: each mailing list a webpage, and allows users to subscribe,
: unsubscribe, etc. over the Web. Even the list manager can administer
: his or her list entirely from the Web. Mailman also integrates most
: things people want to do with mailing lists, including archiving, mail
: <-> news gateways, and so on.
:
: Documentation can be found in: /usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.12
:
: When the package has finished installing, you will need to perform some
: additional installation steps, these are described in:
: /usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.12/INSTALL.REDHAT

Best regards,

Morten

Old 11-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Dave Stevens

On Sunday, November 21, 2010 05:49:25 pm Morten P.D. Stevens wrote:
> 2010/11/22 Dave Stevens <geek@uniserve.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using CentOS on a box that, among other things, offers mailman
> > mailing lists, currently mailman 2.1.9. Version 2.1.14 is avilable
> > from the developers but integrating it into the system promises to be
> > tedious. I looked at RHEL 6 and don't know where to look to find the
> > version there, which I assume will be the version in CentOS 6. Can
> > anyone either confirm what version will be in C6 or where to find the
> > full feature list in RHEL 6?
> >
> > Dave
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> It is mailman 2.1.12.