-   -   centos 5.5 x86_64 live cd (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/454446-centos-5-5-x86_64-live-cd.html)

Jim Perrin 11-18-2010 02:52 PM

centos 5.5 x86_64 live cd

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Johan Scheepers <johansche@telkomsa.net> wrote:

> Kindly please..Is the live CD *installable.

No. There is a net-install function built into the loader for the
livecd, but unfortunately it's not directly installable to disk. This
should be possible for the CentOS 6 live CD when it is released.

George Orwell

Przemysław Pawełczyk 11-18-2010 03:24 PM

centos 5.5 x86_64 live cd

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:52:19 -0500
Jim Perrin <jperrin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Johan Scheepers
> <johansche@telkomsa.net> wrote:
>
> > Kindly please..Is the live CD *installable.
>
> No. There is a net-install function built into the loader for the
> livecd, but unfortunately it's not directly installable to disk. This
> should be possible for the CentOS 6 live CD when it is released.

Hi,

Do not treat me as a troll, sort of, but if you want to check
installable versions of RHEL 5.5 go to the Scientific Linux sites. It
is the same RHEL as the CentOS distro. Here are the links you may
found helpful:

http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/index.html
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/livecd/55/i386/
http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/download/testing/55/x86_64/

My best regards