Old 11-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Keith Roberts

Default IDE port test card

I was looking for something to test the IDE ports on my
mobo, and came across this item:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC-Desktop-LPT-IDE-Printer-Port-Analyzer-Tester-Checker-/250725873680?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopComponents_RL& hash=item3a606d3810

Has anybody on the list seen or used anything like this
before?

I was also wondering if the IDE port tests OK, could I test
a HDD cable by plugging that into the port, then putting
this tester at the end of the cable?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

in practice they are not.