Old 11-15-2010, 04:09 PM
John Doe

Default ipvs and destination hashing...

Hi,

just in case some ipvs knowledgable people read this...
I tried to find some info on ipvs destination hashing on the net but did
not find anything...
Right now we have a basic direct routing round-robin keepalived configuration:
abc.example.com (a.b.c.d) => LVS ( round-robin ) => server_[1..n] with
IP[1..n].
If we use the dh option, on what would the hashing be done?
I saw some pseudo code that states that the hash is based on the destination IPs

in the packets...
But there is only 1 IP in input and the output IPs are selected by round-robin
already (so no point dhing them)...
Do we have to have n IPs for abc.example.com (in the dns) and the hashing will
be done on these IPs?

Thx,
JD