Old 11-15-2010, 03:13 AM
Jobst Schmalenbach

Default Does "yum update tzdata" update /etc/localtime?

Hi list.

Does "yum update tzdata" update /etc/localtime or does this need
to be done manually?

[this is part of the hwclock problem, a guy from sage-au has given me a hint]

Jobst

--
Keyboard not found - please clean up desktop!

Old 11-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Jorge Fábregas

On Monday 15 November 2010 00:13:53 Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
> Does "yum update tzdata" update /etc/localtime or does this need
> to be done manually?

No, it doesn't. It is created by Anaconda during install.

> [this is part of the hwclock problem, a guy from sage-au has given me a
> hint]

I mentioned this file on your other thread last night but afterwards I thought
you had it right since the output for your date commands contained "EST" which
is correct for your timezone.

--
Jorge