Old 11-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Dick Roth

Default External HD on CentOS 5.5

I'm looking into backing up my CentOS 5.5 system using an external USB
2.0 hard drive. Anyone with experience with Toshiba Canvio USB 750 GB
unit? I'm backing up to DVDs now and would like to streamline the process.

Any advice is welcome with thanks.

Dick

--
Yes indeed...the Hokey Pokey *is* what its all about!

Old 11-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Rob Kampen

Dick Roth wrote:
I'm looking into backing up my CentOS 5.5 system using an external USB
2.0 hard drive. Anyone with experience with Toshiba Canvio USB 750 GB
unit? I'm backing up to DVDs now and would like to streamline the process.

Any advice is welcome with thanks.

Dick

I use Toshiba 250Gb and 320Gb external drives regularly - no problems -
I reformatted ext3 so I can use rsync and preserve permissions etc.

HTH

Old 11-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Dick Roth

Rob Kampen wrote:
> Dick Roth wrote:
>> I'm looking into backing up my CentOS 5.5 system using an external USB
>> 2.0 hard drive. Anyone with experience with Toshiba Canvio USB 750 GB
>> unit? I'm backing up to DVDs now and would like to streamline the
>> process.
>>
>> Any advice is welcome with thanks.
>>
>> Dick
>>
> I use Toshiba 250Gb and 320Gb external drives regularly - no problems -
> I reformatted ext3 so I can use rsync and preserve permissions etc.
> HTH

Thanks for the help.

Dick

--
Yes indeed...the Hokey Pokey *is* what its all about!