FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Scott Silva
 
Default RHEL 6 Officially Released

on 11-10-2010 11:13 AM Scott Robbins spake the following:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:05:53AM -0800, Scott Silva wrote:
>> on 11-10-2010 11:02 AM John Kennedy spake the following:
>>> When will CentOS 6 be released???
>>>
>> So the usual 4 to 6 week (maybe 8 week) build and QA/QC process... Like anyone
>> will wait to start hounding...
>>
>
> Well, some will wait, or be busy hounding about CentOS 5.6--isn't there
> an upgrade in 4.x too?
>
> Not knowing how much preparation the development team has done, I'd
> expect it to be longer than usual---there are some major changes.
>
> However, I suspect we're all looking foward to it.
> (Save those tasked with immediately implementing it in production as
> soon as it's released.)
>
>
Last time there was only one build queue, so if 5.6 and 6 come out at the same
time, they will have to choose which one gets attention first. CentOS doesn't
have the multi-million dollar infrastructure to support multiple simultaneous
releases.

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 11-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Digimer
 
Default RHEL 6 Officially Released

On 10-11-10 02:52 PM, Scott Silva wrote:
> on 11-10-2010 11:13 AM Scott Robbins spake the following:
>> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:05:53AM -0800, Scott Silva wrote:
>>> on 11-10-2010 11:02 AM John Kennedy spake the following:
>>>> When will CentOS 6 be released???
>>>>
>>> So the usual 4 to 6 week (maybe 8 week) build and QA/QC process... Like anyone
>>> will wait to start hounding...
>>>
>>
>> Well, some will wait, or be busy hounding about CentOS 5.6--isn't there
>> an upgrade in 4.x too?
>>
>> Not knowing how much preparation the development team has done, I'd
>> expect it to be longer than usual---there are some major changes.
>>
>> However, I suspect we're all looking foward to it.
>> (Save those tasked with immediately implementing it in production as
>> soon as it's released.)
>>
>>
> Last time there was only one build queue, so if 5.6 and 6 come out at the same
> time, they will have to choose which one gets attention first. CentOS doesn't
> have the multi-million dollar infrastructure to support multiple simultaneous
> releases.

I expect that 5.6 will get the first priority, if for no other reason
than it was out first, and thus probably already being worked on.

Can't wait for CentOS 6.0 though!

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer@alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com
Node Assassin: http://nodeassassin.org
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 11-10-2010, 06:57 PM
"John R. Dennison"
 
Default RHEL 6 Officially Released

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 02:53:50PM -0500, Digimer wrote:
>
> I expect that 5.6 will get the first priority, if for no other reason
> than it was out first, and thus probably already being worked on.

RHEL-5.6 is in beta, there is no final release.



John

--
He may be mad, but there's method in his madness. There nearly always is
method in madness. It's what drives men mad, being methodical.

-- G. K. Chesterton, The Fad of the Fisherman (1922)
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 11-10-2010, 06:57 PM
John Kennedy
 
Default RHEL 6 Officially Released

>>

> Last time there was only one build queue, so if 5.6 and 6 come out at the same

> time, they will have to choose which one gets attention first. CentOS doesn't

> have the multi-million dollar infrastructure to support multiple simultaneous

> releases.



I expect that 5.6 will get the first priority, if for no other reason

than it was out first, and thus probably already being worked on.



Can't wait for CentOS 6.0 though!


I thought 5.6 was only a Beta. RHEL 6 is fully released.John*


--
*John Kennedy


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 11-10-2010, 06:58 PM
"Morten P.D. Stevens"
 
Default RHEL 6 Officially Released

2010/11/10 Digimer <linux@alteeve.com>:

> I expect that 5.6 will get the first priority, if for no other reason
> than it was out first, and thus probably already being worked on.

RHEL 5.6 isnīt released yet. Only the beta of RHEL 5.6 was released yesterday.

Best regards,

Morten
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 11-10-2010, 07:02 PM
mattias
 
Default RHEL 6 Officially Released

sound intrested
ddownload link?
ons 2010-11-10 klockan 20:58 +0100 skrev Morten P.D. Stevens:
> 2010/11/10 Digimer <linux@alteeve.com>:
>
> > I expect that 5.6 will get the first priority, if for no other reason
> > than it was out first, and thus probably already being worked on.
>
> RHEL 5.6 isnīt released yet. Only the beta of RHEL 5.6 was released yesterday.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Morten
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 11-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default RHEL 6 Officially Released

hi Guys,

On 11/10/2010 07:52 PM, Scott Silva wrote:
> Last time there was only one build queue, so if 5.6 and 6 come out at the same
> time, they will have to choose which one gets attention first. CentOS doesn't
> have the multi-million dollar infrastructure to support multiple simultaneous
> releases.

Just a quick note here - the centos buildsystem, as used for centos4 and
5 has 8 builder 'threads'. So there is a fairly good potential for rapid
builds.

Having said that, were not going to use those for centos6, we have a 6
node dedicated builder service that will get used for this.

Over the next few days I'll post details on how you guys can keep track
of whats going on. I'll also post some details on how everyone can get
involved and help.

Exciting times for sure

- KB
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 11-10-2010, 07:04 PM
mattias
 
Default RHEL 6 Officially Released

sound intrested
download link?
ons 2010-11-10 klockan 20:58 +0100 skrev Morten P.D. Stevens:
> 2010/11/10 Digimer <linux@alteeve.com>:
>
> > I expect that 5.6 will get the first priority, if for no other reason
> > than it was out first, and thus probably already being worked on.
>
> RHEL 5.6 isnīt released yet. Only the beta of RHEL 5.6 was released yesterday.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Morten
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 11-10-2010, 07:08 PM
"Morten P.D. Stevens"
 
Default RHEL 6 Officially Released

2010/11/10 mattias <mj@mjw.se>:
> sound intrested
> ddownload link?

The beta of RHEL 5.6 is only available via the Red Hat Network. (RHN)

Best regards,

Morten
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 11-10-2010, 07:21 PM
John Hinton
 
Default RHEL 6 Officially Released

> hi Guys,
>
> On 11/10/2010 07:52 PM, Scott Silva wrote:
>> Last time there was only one build queue, so if 5.6 and 6 come out at the same
>> time, they will have to choose which one gets attention first. CentOS doesn't
>> have the multi-million dollar infrastructure to support multiple simultaneous
>> releases.
> Just a quick note here - the centos buildsystem, as used for centos4 and
> 5 has 8 builder 'threads'. So there is a fairly good potential for rapid
> builds.
>
> Having said that, were not going to use those for centos6, we have a 6
> node dedicated builder service that will get used for this.
>
> Over the next few days I'll post details on how you guys can keep track
> of whats going on. I'll also post some details on how everyone can get
> involved and help.
>
> Exciting times for sure
>
> - KB
>
Now, if all of us 'leeches' can stop posting about this, the actual
'ants' will be able to do actual work beyond hitting the delete key when
viewing this list.

Why does it seem that the immediacy for the next version increases at a
greater rate than the versioning numbers? Yes, it has been painful
waiting this time. My main issue has been trying to stay on upstream
with PHP. And now it sounds like a double solution is on the way, 5 or
6. Sweet!

Thanks CentOS team!

--
John Hinton
877-777-1407 ext 502
http://www.ew3d.com
Comprehensive Online Solutions

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:00 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright Đ2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org