Old 11-10-2010, 01:38 PM

Default kerboros and nfs v4

My mamnager's trying to get nfs v4 working with kerboros. One major issue
is that we do *not* have access to the server, or ktadmin - that's the
network folks, and they have AD on the other side. The result is that he
can't create (if I have this right) objects.

I found
<http://sadiquepp.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-configure-nfsv4-with-kerberos-in.html>,
and he says he's done everything and more.

Any pointers, suggestions, etc?

mark

Old 11-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Ross Walker

On Nov 10, 2010, at 9:38 AM, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:

> My mamnager's trying to get nfs v4 working with kerboros. One major issue
> is that we do *not* have access to the server, or ktadmin - that's the
> network folks, and they have AD on the other side. The result is that he
> can't create (if I have this right) objects.
>
> I found
> <http://sadiquepp.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-configure-nfsv4-with-kerberos-in.html>,
> and he says he's done everything and more.
>
> Any pointers, suggestions, etc?

If you used the samba-Kerberos integration you could create service principal names via samba's 'net' utility and samba can auto update the keytab file.

All the AD folk would have to do is create a machine account in the domain and give 'Self' full control.

-Ross