Old 11-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Nicolas Kovacs

Default Flash plugin not working (going OT)

Le mardi 9 novembre 2010 12:08:54, Przemysław Pawełczyk a écrit :

> 1. Try LiveCD (any) to run Flash on your hardware.
> 2. Install the LiveCD to check if new system will run on your PC.
> 3. Install CentOS once more to ****base**** system then, watching
> carefully, only the apps needed to run (s)mplayer to check if multimedia
> are working OK.
> 4. Install Flash.
> 5. Change graphics card when working in CentOS. ???

Hi,

I somehow found a solution to the problem, in that I decided to replace my
CentOS desktops in my office with Fedora 14 (KDE). Of course, this was not only
motivated by the mysterious Flash problem, but I've been pondering the
question for a while. Of course, all my servers will still run CentOS. I had
already tried out Fedora 12 and 13, but Fedora 14 with KDE is a great thing, a
full rival to Mac OS X or (God forbid) Windows Seven.

Just took a look at the RHEL 5.6 release notes, and I see PHP 5.3 is
integrated, which is a thing I've equally been looking forward to.

Cheers from the sunny South of France,

Niki Kovacs
--
http://www.kikinovak.net

Old 11-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Przemysław Pawełczyk

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:45:40 +0100
Nicolas Kovacs <contact@kikinovak.net> wrote:

> Le mardi 9 novembre 2010 12:08:54, Przemysław Pawełczyk a écrit :

(...)
> I somehow found a solution to the problem, in that I decided to
> replace my CentOS desktops in my office with Fedora 14 (KDE).

(See this Cc-ed post as exception to my rules, justified one I must
add.)

Hi,

It's rather a pity you stopped at one step of a series which could
lead to finding the solution. Perhaps the time to solve the mysterious
"black holes" of Flash was too long to be worthy of all those efforts.
You decided. :-)

Have a nice day.

Regards