Old 11-10-2010, 08:43 AM
JohnS

Default Network card not working after update to 2.6.18-194.17.4.el5

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 10:16 +0100, Mathieu Baudier wrote:

> So, it seems that Ubuntu and CentOS somehow conflicted in their
> management of the network card.
> I don't understand how it is possible though, since the machine is
> rebooted (I also did some tests, where I was cuttin all power supply,
> in order to be sure that the motherboard was completely shut off).
---
Believe it not it is actually possible to do so. I have seen this
happen a lot duel booting windows then linux. Linux then not wanting to
start the network or the windows machine also. You need to do a
complete shutdown then power back on for the card to "reset". Or leave
it off a while. It is a real problem though. It could also be a fact
that the driver is not doing a complete shutdown also.

John