Old 11-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Niki Kovacs

Default Flash plugin not working

Hi,

I have a fresh install of CentOS 5.5, with a minimal GNOME desktop. I
configured RPMForge as third party repo.

I updated everything first, then installed flash-plugin. (And yes, I
restarted Firefox... D). All I see when I try to see some things Flash
on the Internet, like Youtube or the likes, I get... nothing. The space
remains white. Sometimes a black square will appear, sometimes it will
redisappear again.

$ rpm -q flash-plugin
flash-plugin-10.1.82.76-0.1.el5.rf

I also tried to give the more recent version from Adobe a shot, with the
same result. I took a look in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, where everything
seems normal.

$ ls -l /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 39 nov 8 22:22 libflashplayer.so ->
/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so

Which leaves me clueless. Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Niki

Old 11-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg

Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a fresh install of CentOS 5.5, with a minimal GNOME desktop. I
> configured RPMForge as third party repo.
>
> I updated everything first, then installed flash-plugin. (And yes, I
> restarted Firefox... D). All I see when I try to see some things Flash
> on the Internet, like Youtube or the likes, I get... nothing. The space
> remains white. Sometimes a black square will appear, sometimes it will
> redisappear again.
>
> $ rpm -q flash-plugin
> flash-plugin-10.1.82.76-0.1.el5.rf
>
> I also tried to give the more recent version from Adobe a shot, with the
> same result. I took a look in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, where everything
> seems normal.
>
> $ ls -l /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
> total 0
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 39 nov 8 22:22 libflashplayer.so ->
> /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
>
> Which leaves me clueless. Any suggestions ?

anything in aboutlugins ? (type that in your address bar in firefox)

Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Niki Kovacs

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg a écrit :

> anything in aboutlugins ? (type that in your address bar in firefox)

Yeah, first thing I checked. Everything seems fine :

Shockwave Flash

Fichier : libflashplayer.so
Version :
Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82

Type MIME Description Suffixes Autorisé
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf Oui
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl Oui

Old 11-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Przemysław Pawełczyk

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 22:42:33 +0100
Niki Kovacs <contact@kikinovak.net> wrote:

> $ ls -l /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
> total 0
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 39 nov 8 22:22 libflashplayer.so ->
> /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
>
> Which leaves me clueless. Any suggestions ?

Hi,

Try to put the flash lib in ~/.mozilla/plugins the following way:

Make ~/Flash64 dir, put there libflashplayer.so from Adobe Flash rpm and
then make symlink to ~/.mozilla:

~/.mozilla/plugins/@libflashplayer.so

Why do you use flash-plugin? Use the latest lib from Adobe.

32 and 64 bit versions of latest "flashes":
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

My flash:
Shockwave Flash 10.2 d161 (from aboutlugins in web browser)

Regards