-   -   flash-plugin crashes on full screen (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/449336-flash-plugin-crashes-full-screen.html)

Rob Kampen 11-08-2010 01:01 AM

flash-plugin crashes on full screen

Hi List.
doing my weekly updates with yum last night installed

kernel.x86_64 2.6.18-194.17.4.el5.centos.plus

and

flash-plugin.i386 10.1.102.64-release

now today as I go to watch a movie from hulu.com it crashes the
flash-plugin whenever I try to go full screen.

Anyone else notice this behaviour?
I guess I'll try to downgrade flash and see if that fixes the problem.
TIA

Greg Bailey 11-08-2010 02:24 AM

Rob Kampen wrote:
> Hi List.
> doing my weekly updates with yum last night installed
>
> kernel.x86_64 2.6.18-194.17.4.el5.centos.plus
>
> and
>
> flash-plugin.i386 10.1.102.64-release
>
> now today as I go to watch a movie from hulu.com it crashes the
> flash-plugin whenever I try to go full screen.
> Anyone else notice this behaviour?
> I guess I'll try to downgrade flash and see if that fixes the problem.
> TIA

I noticed in the announcement at:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhsa-announce/2010-November/msg00004.html

the following quote:

During testing, it was discovered that there were regressions with Flash
Player on certain sites, such as fullscreen playback on YouTube. Despite
these regressions, we feel these security flaws are serious enough to
update the package with what Adobe has provided.

-Greg

Rob Kampen 11-08-2010 12:08 PM

Greg Bailey wrote:

Rob Kampen wrote:

Hi List.
doing my weekly updates with yum last night installed

kernel.x86_64 2.6.18-194.17.4.el5.centos.plus

and

flash-plugin.i386 10.1.102.64-release

now today as I go to watch a movie from hulu.com it crashes the
flash-plugin whenever I try to go full screen.

Anyone else notice this behaviour?
I guess I'll try to downgrade flash and see if that fixes the problem.
TIA

I noticed in the announcement at:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhsa-announce/2010-November/msg00004.html

the following quote:

During testing, it was discovered that there were regressions with Flash
Player on certain sites, such as fullscreen playback on YouTube. Despite
these regressions, we feel these security flaws are serious enough to
update the package with what Adobe has provided.

thanks Greg - I moved to an earlier version - as I have no TV I want to
see a movie full screen.

-Greg

Przemysław Pawełczyk 11-08-2010 12:35 PM

flash-plugin crashes on full screen

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 08:08:42 -0500
Rob Kampen <rkampen@kampensonline.com> wrote:

> >> kernel.x86_64 2.6.18-194.17.4.el5.centos.plus
(...)
> > I noticed in the announcement at:
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhsa-announce/2010-November/msg00004.html
(...)
> thanks Greg - I moved to an earlier version - as I have no TV I want
> to see a movie full screen.

Hi,

BTW. Flash x64 was not reported to evince the same problems. I
checked it yesterday on Redhat and Adobe pages.

Scientific Linux x64 I use (100% CentOS) works excellent with Java x64
and 64 bit Flash.

I had a few Flash crashes under Firefox with heavy loads - dozens of
pages opened - as x64 version is in experimental phase but I wish i386
was equally stable!

But, 1) I have 15" monitor and I rarely switched on full screen modes;
2) hulu.com does not provide its services for users outside the USA -
so I wasn't able to check the specific site.

Regards

Rob Kampen 11-08-2010 12:55 PM

On Nov 8, 2010, at 8:35 AM, Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2@o2.pl> wrote:

> (...)
>>> I noticed in the announcement at:
>>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhsa-announce/2010-November/msg00004.html
> (...)
>> thanks Greg - I moved to an earlier version - as I have no TV I want
>> to see a movie full screen.
>
> Hi,
>
> BTW. Flash x64 was not reported to evince the same problems. I
> checked it yesterday on Redhat and Adobe pages.
>
> Scientific Linux x64 I use (100% CentOS) works excellent with Java x64
> and 64 bit Flash.
I tried this but July swf fails so I had to go back to i386.

Przemysław Pawełczyk 11-08-2010 01:06 PM

flash-plugin crashes on full screen

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 08:55:30 -0500
Rob Kampen <rkampen@kampensonline.com> wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2010, at 8:35 AM, Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2@o2.pl> wrote:

> > (...)
> > (...)
> >> thanks Greg - I moved to an earlier version - as I have no TV I
> >> want to see a movie full screen.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > BTW. Flash x64 was not reported to evince the same problems. I
> > checked it yesterday on Redhat and Adobe pages.
> >
> > Scientific Linux x64 I use (100% CentOS) works excellent with Java
> > x64 and 64 bit Flash.
> I tried this but July swf fails so I had to go back to i386.

Hi,

I use Flash from Sept 27th just as it is offered on Adobe website:
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

Regards

Rob Kampen 11-08-2010 06:03 PM

On Nov 8, 2010, at 9:06 AM, Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2@o2.pl> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 08:55:30 -0500
> Rob Kampen <rkampen@kampensonline.com> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 8, 2010, at 8:35 AM, Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2@o2.pl> wrote:

>>> (...)
>>> (...)
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> BTW. Flash x64 was not reported to evince the same problems. I
>>> checked it yesterday on Redhat and Adobe pages.
>>>
>>> Scientific Linux x64 I use (100% CentOS) works excellent with Java
>>> x64 and 64 bit Flash.
>> I tried this but July swf fails so I had to go back to i386.
>
> Hi,
>
> I use Flash from Sept 27th just as it is offered on Adobe website:
> http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
Yeah that's what I used. It was hulu that failed sorry iPhone thought it knew better. I now use the flash from rf as adobe has no downgrade option

brett mm 11-10-2010 07:44 PM

flash-plugin crashes on full screen

>> now today as I go to watch a movie from hulu.com it crashes the
>> flash-plugin whenever I try to go full screen.

On Fedora 13, some versions of Flash crashed when fullscreen button
was clicked, if the user also had nvidia drivers installed. The
workaround was to right click on the flash video content (before
switching to fullscreen), unticking "enable hardware acceleration"
then clicking fullscreen. Might be worth a try.
Brett.

Rob Kampen 11-10-2010 08:26 PM

brett mm wrote:

now today as I go to watch a movie from hulu.com it crashes the
flash-plugin whenever I try to go full screen.

On Fedora 13, some versions of Flash crashed when fullscreen button
was clicked, if the user also had nvidia drivers installed. The
workaround was to right click on the flash video content (before
switching to fullscreen), unticking "enable hardware acceleration"
then clicking fullscreen. Might be worth a try.

I'll try on one of my work stations - hadn't thought of that.

thanks

Brett.

11-10-2010 08:39 PM

flash-plugin crashes on full screen

Top posting, here, over the garbage... After the recent update of firefox,
a week or so ago, I can't see flash video at *all*: white area, *maybe*,
if I mouse over it, some diagonal garbage.

mark