-   -   Addressing outgoing connections to a specific interface (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/448914-addressing-outgoing-connections-specific-interface.html)

Dotan Cohen 11-06-2010 12:04 PM

Addressing outgoing connections to a specific interface

On a CentOS 5.5 laptop (Dell Inspiron, dual boot with a Debian-based
distro) I have a cable plugged into eth0 which is on a LAN with no
internet connection. Additionally, I connect wirelessly on wlan0 to
the internet. Both connections have router on the 192.168.0.1
address.

Although I need to stay connected to the wireless router, can I still
access the address 192.168.0.1 on the wired interface? Some googling
led me to the keyword "loopback" but I am at a loss as how to
configure it, or if this is even the right idea. If there is a
specific page that I should be reading in the fine manual then please
do RTFM me, as I myself failed to find the proper page.

Thanks in advance.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il