Old 11-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Tim Dunphy

Default failure to import ldif into ldap

Thanks all.. I have read the man of ldif.... your advice has gotten me
quite far both in my current implementation and in my overall
understanding of LDAP which I am hoping grows with each passing day.

In my attempt to build my current directory, I have taken a dump of
my last successful implementation (which was created on FreeBSD 8.1)
and substituted values for the dc=company and dc=com values with the
correct ones for the current directory (attempting to implement under
CentOS 5.4) and even tho the correct schemas are in place it is
choking on this entry:

# defaults, sudoers, Services, acadaca.com
dn: cn=defaults,ou=sudoers,ou=Services,dc=acadaca,dc=n et
objectClass: top
objectClass: sudoRole
cn: defaults

And again I should have all the schemas in place to make this work...

include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema
inlcude /etc/openldap/schema/sudoers.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema

[root@ldap ldif]# ldapadd -h ldap -a -w secret -x -D
"cn=Manager,dc=acadaca,dc=net" -f
/home/tim/txt/ldif/acadaca-master.ldif
adding new entry "cn=defaults,ou=sudoers,ou=Services,dc=acadaca,dc= net"
ldapadd: Invalid syntax (21)
additional info: objectClass: value #1 invalid per syntax

Why this ldif will work in one directory but not another is a mystery
at this point..

thanks again

--
Here's my RSA Public key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 5A4873A9

Share and enjoy!!