Old 11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Bob Hoffman

Default new apache mod on centos? Google page speed?

Just saw this article
http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20101103/tc_mashable/google_helps_autotune_your_web_server
(/rant - stupid seo links, lame /rant off)

it mentions it is set up for linux distros, notably centos.
Anyone use this yet? Affect the auto yum update at all?

Old 11-05-2010, 09:09 AM
John Doe

From: Bob Hoffman <bob@bobhoffman.com>

> Just saw this article
>http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20101103/tc_mashable/google_helps_autotune_your_web_server
> (/rant - stupid seo links, lame /rant off)
> it mentions it is set up for linux distros, notably centos.
> Anyone use this yet? Affect the auto yum update at all?

I am not using it but this is the content of the rpm:

/etc/cron.daily/mod-pagespeed
/etc/httpd/conf.d/pagespeed.conf
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_pagespeed.so
/var/mod_pagespeed/cache
/var/mod_pagespeed/files

The download page says: "Installing mod_pagespeed will add the Google repository
so your system will automatically keep mod_pagespeed up to date."

JD