Old 11-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Timothy Murphy

Default Copying root partition

I recently transferred the / partition on my CentOS server
from a small disk to a large disk, using "rsync -auvz".

This works fine, except that I get dozens of selinux warnings
when I re-boot.
I'm running selinux in permissive mode.

Is there any way to make sure that all the files in a partition
are kosher as far as selinux is concerned?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Old 11-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Ben McGinnes

On 4/11/10 10:28 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I recently transferred the / partition on my CentOS server
> from a small disk to a large disk, using "rsync -auvz".
>
> This works fine, except that I get dozens of selinux warnings
> when I re-boot.
> I'm running selinux in permissive mode.
>
> Is there any way to make sure that all the files in a partition
> are kosher as far as selinux is concerned?

Try: restorecon -Rv /partition

Expect it to take a while.

Regards,
Ben

Old 11-04-2010, 10:36 AM
John R Pierce

On 11/04/10 4:28 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I recently transferred the / partition on my CentOS server
> from a small disk to a large disk, using "rsync -auvz".
>
> This works fine, except that I get dozens of selinux warnings
> when I re-boot.
> I'm running selinux in permissive mode.
>
> Is there any way to make sure that all the files in a partition
> are kosher as far as selinux is concerned?

I would use dump | restore for that, on a file system by file system
basis. rsync won't maintain inodes or permissions very well, and
certainly won't handle selinux extended attributes

Old 11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 11/04/10 4:28 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> I recently transferred the / partition on my CentOS server
>> from a small disk to a large disk, using "rsync -auvz".
>>
>> This works fine, except that I get dozens of selinux warnings
>> when I re-boot.
>> I'm running selinux in permissive mode.
>>
>> Is there any way to make sure that all the files in a partition
>> are kosher as far as selinux is concerned?
>>

> I would use dump | restore for that, on a file system by file system
> basis. rsync won't maintain inodes or permissions very well, and
> certainly won't handle selinux extended attributes

doesn't rsync -X do that?

Old 11-04-2010, 04:34 PM
RedShift

On 11/04/10 12:56, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:
> John R Pierce wrote:
>> On 11/04/10 4:28 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>> I recently transferred the / partition on my CentOS server
>>> from a small disk to a large disk, using "rsync -auvz".
>>>
>>> This works fine, except that I get dozens of selinux warnings
>>> when I re-boot.
>>> I'm running selinux in permissive mode.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to make sure that all the files in a partition
>>> are kosher as far as selinux is concerned?
>>>

>> I would use dump | restore for that, on a file system by file system
>> basis. rsync won't maintain inodes or permissions very well, and
>> certainly won't handle selinux extended attributes
>
> doesn't rsync -X do that?

touch /.autorelabel
reboot

That should fix it.