Old 11-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Basil Kurian

Default Best supported motherboard

Which among these three motherboard is the best supported in Linux (Centos/Ubuntu) ?

Intel® Desktop Board DH55HC [ http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=42409 ]

Intel® Desktop Board DP55WG [ http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=40078 ]

Intel® Desktop Board DP55KG [ http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/DP55KG/DP55KG-overview.htm ]

Also which will be a good processor , for using in a desktop PC to run 4 or 5 * Virtual machines concurrently on VirtualBox or VMWare ESX server ?

Intel® Xeon® Processor X3460 [ http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=42931 ]

or
Intel® Core™ i7-870S [ http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=48498 ]

--
Regards

Basil Kurian
http://basil.co.nr

RSA Public key : gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 41005549