Old 11-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Eduardo Grosclaude

Default Geany plugins out of sync

I'm intending to do some version control, hence looking for some
plugins. Geany and geany-plugins packages in Rpmforge seem to be out
of sync:

Name : geany-plugins
Arch : i386
Version : 0.18
Release : 1.el5.rf

Name : geany
Arch : i386
Version : 0.19.1
Release : 1.el5.rf

When both are installed, geany claims that plugins are not "binary-compatible".
Frank's own hosted geany RPM
(http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles/el5/geany-0.19.1-1.i386.rpm)
is even newer, but no geany-plugins there.
Any chance for this to be repackaged? Or, some quick & dirty
workaround? Thank you very much in advance!

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue

Old 11-01-2010, 11:21 AM
"Alexander Dalloz"

> I'm intending to do some version control, hence looking for some
> plugins. Geany and geany-plugins packages in Rpmforge seem to be out
> of sync:

> Any chance for this to be repackaged? Or, some quick & dirty
> workaround? Thank you very much in advance!

> Eduardo Grosclaude

As rpmforge is a 3rd party repository with its own mailinglist you should
directly communicate with them.

Regards

Alexander

Old 11-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Steve Huff

On Nov 1, 2010, at 7:52 AM, Eduardo Grosclaude wrote:

> Any chance for this to be repackaged? Or, some quick & dirty
> workaround? Thank you very much in advance!

the appropriate list is <users@lists.rpmforge.net>

as for the geany-plugins package, it's already updated in SVN but not yet built. grab the spec from here and build it yourself as a workaround:

http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/geany-plugins/geany-plugins.spec

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v
PGP 8477B706 (A92A 1F7E 6D76 16A0 BFF9 E61D AD54 0251 8477 B706)

Old 11-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Eduardo Grosclaude

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Steve Huff <shuff@vecna.org> wrote:
> as for the geany-plugins package, it's already updated in SVN but not yet built. *grab the spec from here and build it yourself as a workaround:
>
> http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/geany-plugins/geany-plugins.spec

Thank you very much! Problem solved with your tip!