Old 10-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Sean Carolan

Default Possible to reboot a system after kickstart installation without pressing a key?

The subject just about says it all - I'm wondering if there is a way
to do a completely hands-off installation, including the reboot at the
end, without "Press any key to continue"?

Old 10-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Markus Falb

On 31.10.10 11:35, Sean Carolan wrote:
> The subject just about says it all - I'm wondering if there is a way
> to do a completely hands-off installation, including the reboot at the
> end, without "Press any key to continue"?

Use the 'reboot' option in your kickstart.

From the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Installation Guide:

...snip
reboot (optional)
Reboot after the installation is successfully completed (no arguments).
Normally, kickstart displays
a message and waits for the user to press a key before rebooting.
The reboot option is roughly equivalent to the shutdown -r command.
snap...

--
Best Regards,
Markus Falb

Old 10-31-2010, 10:07 AM
Sean Carolan

> Use the 'reboot' option in your kickstart.

Isn't this the default anyway? I will try to specify it explicitly
and see how it works...

Old 10-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Sean Carolan

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 6:07 AM, Sean Carolan <scarolan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Use the 'reboot' option in your kickstart.
>
> Isn't this the default anyway? *I will try to specify it explicitly
> and see how it works...

Looks like that did the trick, thanks Markus!

Old 10-31-2010, 01:46 PM
John Kennedy

On 10/31/2010 07:07 AM, Sean Carolan wrote:
>> Use the 'reboot' option in your kickstart.
>
> Isn't this the default anyway? I will try to specify it explicitly
> and see how it works...

The default is to ask you for a reboot. Since a newly built system is
most vulnerable, many people do not want to reboot unless they are there
to finish the configuration
John

--
John Kennedy