Old 10-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Boris Epstein

Default CentOS 5.5: bind config is missing the slave zone definitions

Hi all,

I have two near identical CentOS 5.5 machines; both are running named
server (DNS). On one using system-config-bind I can easily define a
slave zone; on the other, it is a no go: it says the definition is
there, etc. but there is no corresponding file in
/var/named/chroot/var/named/slaves . Any idea why that would be? What
gives?

I use the simplest possible zone definitions - forward IN slave, one forwarder.

Thanks.

Boris.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Lorenzo Quatrini

Boris Epstein ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I have two near identical CentOS 5.5 machines; both are running named
> server (DNS). On one using system-config-bind I can easily define a
> slave zone; on the other, it is a no go: it says the definition is
> there, etc. but there is no corresponding file in
> /var/named/chroot/var/named/slaves . Any idea why that would be? What
> gives?
>
> I use the simplest possible zone definitions - forward IN slave, one forwarder.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Boris.

Maybe you miss the bind-chroot package on the second server?