Old 10-26-2010, 05:18 PM
admin lewis

Default how to set ACLs on windows share

Hi,
I have to get/set acls on a windows share by script.
I can mount the windows share by mount.cifs but I don't know how to set/get acls... anyone could help me ?
thx so much.

--
Admin Lewis

Old 10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Miguel Medalha

> I have to get/set acls on a windows share by script.
> I can mount the windows share by mount.cifs but I don't know how to
> set/get acls... anyone could help me ?
> thx so much.

You would benefit from posing this question to the Samba mailing list:

samba@lists.samba.org

Do you want to set the ACLs from the Windows side or from the Unix
server side?

What do you use to store ACLs? Linux ACLs? A Samba VFS module?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:18 AM
admin lewis

I have to get/set acls on a windows share by script.

I can mount the windows share by mount.cifs but I don't know how to set/get acls... anyone could help me ?

thx so much.

You would benefit from posing this question to the Samba mailing list:

samba@lists.samba.org

Do you want to set the ACLs from the Windows side or from the Unix server side?

What do you use to store ACLs? Linux ACLs? A Samba VFS module?

Hi, I found the solution... smbcacls ...
anyway... I have a linux client and I want to get/set acls on a windows share, by script.
anyway
thx.
bye