Old 10-26-2010, 03:48 PM
John Doe

Default odd ClamAV error

From: "m.roth@5-cent.us" <m.roth@5-cent.us>

> John Doe wrote:
> > From: "m.roth@5-cent.us" <m.roth@5-cent.us>
> >> Has anyone recently started seeing
> >> LibClamAV Warning: Cannot prepare for JIT, because it has already been
> >> converted to interpreter
> >> ? I can't find anything googling for that.
> > Google tells me: http://osdir.com/ml/clamav-users/2010-10/msg00086.html
> Thanks, John. What terms did you use in the search? I used clamav,
> libclam, and freshclam, with "could not prepare".

I just used "Cannot prepare for JIT" ^_^

JD

Old 10-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Rob Kampen

On Oct 26, 2010, at 10:31 AM, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:

> Has anyone recently started seeing
> LibClamAV Warning: Cannot prepare for JIT, because it has already been
> converted to interpreter
> ? I can't find anything googling for that.

Yeah noted a few times in the last week. Doesn't seem to impact overall update process.
Rob

Old 10-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Spiro Harvey

m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> >> Has anyone recently started seeing
> >> LibClamAV Warning: Cannot prepare for JIT, because it has already
> >> been converted to interpreter
> >> ? I can't find anything googling for that.
> Thanks, John. What terms did you use in the search? I used clamav,
> libclam, and freshclam, with "could not prepare".

Why would you type "could not prepare" if the error message says
"Cannot prepare"?

If you google for the actual error message (and it sometimes pays to
wrap it in quotes, especially if you're adding extra terms), you'll get
useful results.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:59 PM

Spiro Harvey wrote:
>> Thanks, John. What terms did you use in the search? I used clamav,
>> libclam, and freshclam, with "could not prepare".
>
> Why would you type "could not prepare" if the error message says
> "Cannot prepare"?

Too early in the morning, maybe, or an excess of blood in my caffeine stream.

mark

Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Dag Wieers

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010, John Doe wrote:

> From: "m.roth@5-cent.us" <m.roth@5-cent.us>
>
>> Has anyone recently started seeing
>> LibClamAV Warning: Cannot prepare for JIT, because it has already been
>> converted to interpreter
>> ? I can't find anything googling for that.
>
> Google tells me: http://osdir.com/ml/clamav-users/2010-10/msg00086.html

And ClamAV 0.96.4 was available from RPMforge since yesterday, so if all
is well updating your system should fix this (harmless) message.

--
-- dag wieers, dag@wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/ --