Old 10-26-2010, 10:59 AM
James Bensley

Default VNC Question

Hi Everybody

I'm sorry if this is unwanted noise but I'm struggling to find the
answer to what is probably a ridiculously simply problem. Setup
vncserver but it likes to run as a user (reading parameters from
~/.vnc/xstartup of the user the process runs as).

When I start vncserver and connect in I am dropped into a running copy
of X of that users desktop, how can I instead have it display the
login screen instead?

James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?