Old 10-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Andreas Reschke

Default Antwort: Dell E6410

Hello,

I'm using the same modell and everything
works, exceppt the graphics. In the meantime I'm testing Red Hat 6 Beta
2. The graphics ist not as fast as Fedora 13.

Does anyone has a working solution for
the graphics?

Thanks

Andreas Reschke

Unix/Linux-Administration

John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>

Gesendet von: centos-bounces@centos.org

25.10.2010 21:25

Bitte antworten an

An
CentOS mailing list <centos@centos.org>

Kopie

Thema
Re: [CentOS] Dell E6410

On 10/25/10 12:12 PM, Bo Lynch wrote:

> Just recently bought a Dell E6410 with a Intel® HD Graphics with

> ExpressCard with I7-640m processor. Having some issues getting a graphical

> env to work. By just the looks of lspci X is wanting to use the VGA

> Compatable controller: Intel Corp Core Processor Intergrated graphics

> controller.

> Everything else is using Intel Corp Series 5/3400 Series Chipset.

> Has anyone else had any luck getting similar intel onboard grphics
to work?

onboard graphics in those Core-I* things is in the
CPU chip, *not* the

chipset. * the chipset provides the graphics output path only. *The

graphics is in the CPU chip because the memory controller is also in the

CPU chip.

I believe it uses the IGDNG driver, not i810 or whatever.
* I have no

idea how well CentOS supports this, you might have better luck on that

laptop with Fedora Latest.