Old 10-25-2010, 05:03 AM
Ritika Garg

Default free space created during partitioning while installing CentOS5.5

I installed CentOS5.5 on Dell Inspiron N5010. During partitioning, when I created swap = 6GB then additional 4MB free space was created and when I created ext3 for linux=217GB, then additional 7MB free space was created. Didn't understand why these 2 extra free spaces were created.